So, it's the 1st June - which means we are officially into SUMMER ***insert excitement here***!!
As a nation, we Brits live for the summer months – Britain really is beautiful when the sun shines. A lot of my clients have already got their summer holidays booked and have started asking me about the best way to make sure their hair stays in tip-top condition when faced with sun, sea and humid weather.
Remember: Sun = damage! You need to put as much moisture as you can back into your hair and this can be done in various methods.
· Apply a deep conditioning treatment or conditioner to your hair before going out in the sun, comb it through and then tie into a bun. This will protect it from the sea/sun/chlorine and will give it an extra boost of moisture, shine & softness.
· One of the best ways to help your hair is to eat healthily, which is a lot easier in the summer as everyone is having BBQ’s. Omega 3, fatty acids (such as eggs, spinach and Salmon) all help to keep the hair strong & healthy.
· Summer is an ideal time to let your hair dry naturally, reducing exposure to heated appliances, which reduces damage.
· A quick fix, so that you don’t keep washing your hair all the time, is Batiste Dry Shampoo
· It can be as simple as wearing a hat – simple and effective!
· After swimming in the sea or the pool, rinse your hair to get the chlorine and salt out of it.
· If you swim a lot it’s worth investing in a good shampoo which is designed to remove chlorine. Just make sure you use a good conditioner to put the moisture back in. Boots own "Sun, Swim & Gym" is a good one.
· I’ve talked before about Argan Miracle 10 – it’s great and smells lovely.
· GREEN HAIR ALERT – it happens to the best of us but a quick fix is to shampoo and rinse straight after swimming, apply tomato paste or ketchup, neat or mixed with a little shampoo and leave on for 30 mins then rinse thoroughly and condition.
· Lots of my clients have a different hair colour depending on the season – why not have a colour consultation to find out your options. It could just be a subtle change of a few highlights framing your face to add a special touch for those summer days.
Think about it this way, we moisturise more in the Summer, as the sun dries out our skin, the same goes for your hair – CONDITION! CONDITION! CONDITION!
If you're unsure about anything i've mentioned above or you just want some tips on how to use the products, give me a shout!